an evening Supercard of Honor right here. ROH has ready a present that has the potential to be the very best of 2023 out of all of Tony Khan’s wrestling properties. Eddie Kingston is aiming for his dream of successful the world championship, Mark Briscoe is plotting his future to win the TV title, new tag crew champions can be topped by reaching for the sky in a ladder match, Japanese legends in the home, and extra.
Supercard of Honor Goes stay at 7 PM ET on Friday, March 31, 2023. The PPV will start broadcasting Ovarian report in the US and Match TV to the remainder of the world
Be a part of us for updates and luxuriate in chatting within the open thread.
earlier than the present
Jeff Cobb def. Tracy Williams by way of pinfall after a tour of the islands
• Ian Riccaponi and Caprice Coleman welcome the third man into their sales space tonight – former ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness!
• Konosuke Takeshita def. Willie Mack by way of pinfall after a working knee. This was nearly as good as anticipated.
• Willow Nightingale def. Miranda Elise by pinning with a powerbomb
• Stu Grayson def. Slim J by way of pinfall with the Dusk backbreaker after Evil Uno lastly handled Good Mark Sterling
• After the match, The Dutchman and Vincent returned from The Righteous (who at one level was rumored to be certain to work with Bray Wyatt). They vaporize on stage because the Darkish Order boys look on from the ring.
• Hijo del Vikingo vs. Komander by way of pinfall after 630 senton to retain the AAA Mega Championship
Effectively deserved “That is lucha” chants as these two made probably the most of their present. Commander ran the size of the highest rope to hit a high on the ground, Vikingo countered with a form of Canadian Tremendous Destroyer, then a 630 leap onto a desk (because the desk didn’t break). Commander hit an ace hidden finish, however Champion grabbed the underside rope earlier than the three rely. They got here again on high as Vikingo hit a giant aspect dash, then completed it off. The 2 males adhered to the code of honor and embraced her after the bell.
• Embassy (Brian Cage, Kaun, and Toa Liona) def. Metalik, Blake Christian and AR Fox to retain the ROH Six-Man Titles. With everybody else busy/helpless on the surface, Cage Drillclaw hit Metalik and pinned him. The energy of the champions was an excessive amount of for the high-flying opponents.
• A newly designed feminine title is proven in our subsequent sport.
• Athens def. Yuka Sakazaki by way of pinfall after O-Face to retain the ROH World Girls’s Championship
Sakazaki got here in to promote a neck damage, and after knocking herself out early within the match, announcers fiddled with a attainable head damage to slot in. The sadistic champ focused the realm, however after all the TJPW star managed to hit again with some close to misses. She confirmed her preventing spirit, however to no avail.
• Samoa Joe def. Mark Briscoe by way of referee stoppage to retain the ROH World Tv Championship
Briscoe got here in sizzling, prompted by a loud “Dem Boys” chant early on. That momentum led to some reckless assaults that Joe shut down along with his personal signature drive. Joe introduced a chair that Briscoe used to step up his guard (after which kissed certainly one of his children at ringside). He units up a desk at which he ultimately switches Joe. This smeared blood from Joe’s nostril, however he couldn’t put it away. Mark goes to get a card, however after all his late brother is just not there. It nonetheless appears to fireside Briscoe, and he’s spared Joe’s energy hitting a Froggy Bow… one, two, no! He can’t get Joe for Jay Driller or Minimize Throat Driver. Joe is choked, and when Mark retains his arm up, he knocks him out of the maintain, earlier than locking it up once more. The hero pulls Briscoe to point out respect meaningfully afterward. Mark spends time with Beau’s prolonged household at ringside earlier than leaving to a standing ovation.
• Hiroshi Tanahashi def. Daniel Garcia by way of pinfall after the Excessive Fly Stream
Ace takes management early on, which permits him to excite the gang with some air guitar. Garcia grabs these attractive locks to start out flipping the tide, doing his personal dance earlier than stretching out with him within the driver’s seat. Tanahashi is preventing again — and perhaps even sending a message to Chris Jericho along with his Leon Tamer. The sports activities artist responded with a Shinsuke Nakamura impression, focusing on Tana’s dangerous knees all through and controlling lots of the motion, however when he acquired his trip fallacious it resulted in a blade and end. Garcia refuses to shake arms afterward.
• Lucha Bros def. Rush & Dralistico, Kingdom, High Flight and Aussie Open in a Attain for the Sky ladder match to win the ROH World Tag Workforce Champions
Predictable madness, with a bunch of tributes to the Dem Boys as The Kingdom hit one Darius Martin with an electrical chair for the primary time used in opposition to The Briscoes in 2015. High Flight was central to the motion because the introduced crew performed the brother groups concerned. A very brutal stretch noticed Dralistico ship Kyle Fletcher by means of the announce desk, then Matt Taven spraying Dralistico by means of a ladder. This was adopted by a Darius Martin vs Lucha Bros sequence that ended with Penta and Martin working by means of 4 tables on the ground from a ladder mixture between the highest rope and one other ladder (Martin had a nasty leg damage taking this – extra right here). Phoenix discovered himself on the ladder with Taven & Mike Bennett, however fought them off and grabbed the belts.
• Mark Briscoe and FTR have been out to share a second in honor of Jay and have a good time with the brand new champions. The Kingdom joined them because the announcement crew reminded us that they and the Dame Boys held the final days of the Sinclair period.
• Katsuyori Shibata def. Wheeler Yuta by way of pinfall after PK to develop into the brand new ROH Pure Champion
Utah was accompanied to the stage by fellow Blackpool Battle Membership member Jon Moxley, however Moxley walked again after we met the judges – Christopher Daniels, Madison Rayne and Pat Buck. The theme was that Wheeler was in over his head, and needed to resort to a low blow whereas turning the referee’s again and getting a warning for utilizing a closed fist. Shibata was not impressed with Yuta’s assaults, and labored him into requests that led him to make use of rope breaks. The top got here after the wrestler choked the youthful man. Wild sees Shibata as an energetic hero after almost dying once more in 2017. Yūta refused to abide by the Honor Code after the match.
• Claudio Castagnoli def. Eddie Kingston to retain the ROH World Championship